Have you ever felt that you could make an impact in a child’s life?
Well you’ve come to the right place! South Central Behavioral Services is a Licensed Child Placing and Adoption Agency in the State of Nebraska. Foster Care Services is defined as out of home care in a licensed foster home, kinship home (known to the child) or in a the home of a relative that is supported by a licensed child placing agency and designed to meet the complex needs of children who have experienced trauma, abuse, neglect, and other serious issues which require out of home placement. When out-of-home placement is necessary, services are provided to the foster families/kinship families in order to support the reunification process.
Foster homes provide a temporary placement for youth ages 0-19 until the child can be safely returned to their parent(s). Youth are referred by Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services (NDHHS) or Probation.
What Does SCBS Do?
- Recruits, trains, and supports foster families
- Offers support in the form of ongoing training, in home consultation, and 24 hour crisis intervention
- Works closely with NDHHS to help the child achieve a permanent living situation.
- If the child is unable to reunify with parents(s), then an alternative permanency plan will be developed
- This can include adoption, guardianship, or independent living
- Has offices in Hastings and Kearney with foster homes in 12 or more counties